(Click here if you are pursuing an individualized major rather than a minor.)

Who is my adviser?

The assistant director of the IMP is the official academic adviser for the IMP minor. Consult him about topics such as IMP policies, IMP independent-study courses, course substitutions, or your progress toward completing the minor. To schedule an advising appointment, please contact the IMP office.

For questions about your major or general degree requirements, please continue to see your adviser from University Division, the Hutton Honors College, or your major department.

Top of page

Monitoring your academic progress

It is your responsibility to be familiar with your Academic Advisement Report (AAR), which is available through OneStart. Please be aware that because of the way the AAR is programmed, it may not reflect the most recent changes to your IMP minor. If you have questions about your AAR or your progress toward fulfilling minor requirements, please consult the IMP assistant director.

Top of page

Course substitutions

It's possible to make adjustments to your IMP curriculum — for example, if a course in your original plan is no longer being offered, or if you learn of a course that is a better fit for your minor than one you originally proposed. The application for an IMP minor includes space to list alternate courses. Adding a course that was not originally listed in your application requires preapproval from the director of the IMP. Please contact the IMP office to request approval in advance of changing your schedule.

Top of page